REALTOR®, ABR®, SERS®, Notary
Originally from New York, Ellen moved to Boston in order to earn a graduate degree in business communications at Emerson College. This knowledge, coupled with her undergraduate degree in psychology and teaching, has provided her with valuable skills that she uses daily in real estate negotiations, educating home-buyers and sellers, and effectively marketing the team’s listings. Ellen has been working in Boston real estate for over 30 years and is an Accredited Buyer Representative and a Senior Real Estate Specialist. Ellen’s clients often describe her as detail-oriented, proactive, and fun to be around.
After living for many years in the South End and Roslindale, Ellen currently resides in Jamaica Plain with her wife Janis Lippman. She enjoys spending time on the Cape, riding her bike, and traveling. Ellen proudly volunteers at Speakout and Keshet and supports several great non-profit organizations including Community Servings, The Home for Little Wanderers, the Victory Programs, and PFLAG.
Awards and Designations
- 2018 #8 LGBT+ sales team in the country: NAGLREP & REALtrends Top Agent Ranking
- 2017 #1 in Jamaica Plain and Roslindale for number of units sold
- 2017 #1 in Jamaica Plain and Roslindale for market volume
- 2017 #2 in all of Boston for number of units sold and #12 for market volume
- 2017 #3 RE/MAX team in gross commission
- 2017 Diamond Club Team Award
- 2016 #1 Remax sales team in New England
- 2015 & 2014 Ranked in the top 5 Remax teams in all of New England
- 2015 – Ranked #16 out of all agents in Massachusetts for sales volume in Boston Top 20 BostonTop20.com
- 2008 – 2013 Ranked in the top 3% of NRT’s 41,000 sales agents and top 50 CBRB sales associates for all of New England.
- 2003 – 2013 Presidents Circle and Presidents Elite designations
- Realtor for over 30 years
- Areas of Expertise: Boston, Jamaica Plain, Roslindale, West Roxbury, Hyde Park, Dorchester, Brookline, and Newton
- Specializes in: working with first time home buyers, advising on multiple transactions (buying & selling simultaneously), skilled negotiator, advising on new construction, working with developers, and relocation agent referral
- Personally buying and selling multiple properties, renovations and rehabs.
- Member – Greater Boston Association of Realtors, Massachusetts Association of Realtors, National Association of Realtors, National Association of Gay and Lesbian Real Estate Professionals
- Planning Committee for Cabaret Event – Keshet
- Member – BAGALIST (Bourne & Forest Hills neighborhood group)
- Past Board of Directors – Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition
- Speaker for SpeakOUT Boston
- M. A. in Business Communication – Emerson College, Boston
- B.A. in Psychology- S.U.N.Y. State University, Oneonta, NY
- On-going Continuing Education in Real Estate Sales and Marketing